Tuesday, August 21, 2012

First Day of School

My babies are all grown up....how did that happen??

I am not responsible for Fletcher's choice of shoes. 
Bunch of punks...and I love them like crazy.

After they indulged my group picture-taking, they were off. Of course, I ran behind them to capture more first day goodness. I tried to do that to Mike when he was in medical school, but he outran me.

Looking for the door with the big K.

First grade, baby!

Everett's teacher, Mrs. McNabb, has taught Kindergarten at Christ Lutheran for almost 40 years. She's a legend in Little Rock. You meet any random adult in town who attended CLS, and one of the first things they tell you is: "I had Mrs. McNabb for Kindergarten."

I pray that I won't be saying, "Yeah, my youngest is the one who drove her into retirement."

He is pretty cute.

I couldn't spend much time crying over my baby starting Kindergarten, because next door, Thomas was starting first grade. My Middle Man, the one who just five months ago knew no English, jumped in with both feet. Kid was ready to start school.

It was hard for me to leave him. Thankfully, he is in the hands of Mrs. Parscale - also a CLS rock star. I'm pretty sure a kinder, more patient human being has never walked the face of the Earth.

Get used to it, Buddy. I'll be doing this for the next 11 years.

Grabbing first grade by the tail

And finally, I made it over to the middle school building. I have no idea how this child thinks he belongs in sixth grade, because I'm sure I took him to pre-school just last year. My heart is now breaking.

Mrs. Osborn and my baby. Who's in sixth grade.
I went home and cried. Then I placed a bet with my friends Jill and Becky on whose son would be the first one Mrs. McNabb sent to the principal's office.

No comments:

Post a Comment