Saturday, April 7, 2012

First Week Home

I know I have been a bad blogger....sorry. If I said I had been in a doctor's office six of the last seven days, would that score me a pass? My sweet middle boy has made the rounds, and I'm sure he thinks that a day in the life in America means waiting rooms, stethoscopes, and needles. He has been such a champ through it all...and by the end of the week, we really put his pain tolerance to the test.  
Fortunately, according to the pediatric opthamologist, Thomas's glaucoma is manageable. He's on daily eyedrops, and he'll soon be wearing glasses - to protect his left eye as much as to improve his vision in it.

Preliminary blood test results look good, too...a huge relief for this mama who has NO desire to put her baby through the torture of blood draws again anytime soon. After the anguish of four needle sticks, I almost don't mind the poop collecting that's in my near future.

We shifted into fun mode today with a trip to the zoo. Thomas LOVED it. The train was a hit...the alligators, not so much. I'm with ya, pal.  
Enjoy the pictures below, and judge for yourselves which of my children has 2% body fat and is a little cold-natured and which one is a bruiser who would run you over if you stood between him and a cheeseburger.




No comments:

Post a Comment