Thursday, June 7, 2012

Peanut Butter Granola Energy Balls

No, you have not been redirected to a Food Network Chef's blog. In the interest of sharing my world as it really is I took a picture of today's kitchen project.

Peanut Butter Granola Energy Balls.

Because my three hoodlums don't have enough energy. Yeah, right. No - my three hoodlums have plenty of energy. (Which I have begun channeling to keep the Hall House clean. Will post on that another day.)

My people are hungry. All. The. Time. Three squares a day isn't cutting it around here, so in the interest of keeping my sanity and getting me out of the kitchen for more than 5 minutes a day, I've been making these.


They are very easy. Trust me. I would not lie to you about something as important as this. Actually, I wouldn't lie to you about anything. I have a terrible poker face.

I've seen this recipe on quite a few cooking blogs and websites. It's easy to customize, which makes it a keeper in my book. That and the fact that it's super easy. Did I mention that?

This version has chocolate chips. According to the Littlest Hall, that's what makes them so yummy. He and I are a lot alike. Middle man doesn't like chocolate very much. What is wrong with him? Maybe a batch with Craisins will scratch his itch. I'll report back.

So, here you go with the basic recipe:

1 cup peanut butter
1 cup oatmeal
1 cup chocolate chips
2 tbsp honey
4 tbsp flax seed

Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Shape into balls and refrigerate for 30 minutes. I don't know how many this recipe yields. Probably 18. I didn't count today. And, well, my sous chef and I ate a few. It's science. You have to test your experiment.

Note: I used creamy peanut butter today. I used Nuttzo last time, and I loved the crunchy texture. Unfortunately, the hoodlums didn't care for it, so I ended up eating pretty much the entire batch. Kinda defeated the whole purpose.

So play around with it and figure out what works best in your house.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment